Cruise Control System
- Turn the ignition switch to ON
- Verify cruise control main switch indicates OFF
- First, push and hold RESUME/ACCEL.
Second, press the cruise control main switch to ON. The cruise set
indicator lamp in the instrument cluster will illuminate for 3 seconds.
The cruise control is now in system inspection mode.
- Perform each operation as described below. The
cruise set indicator should respond by flashing the corresponding two
digit DTC. A malfunction is indicated by an incorrect or null response.
- To exit inspection mode, turn ignition to LOCK or
press the cruise control main switch to OFF.
Diagnostic Testing Codes:
DTC21 - Press SET/COAST switch [operation check]
DTC22 - Press RESUME/ACCEL switch [operation check]
DTC31 - Depress brake pedal [brake switch input check]
DTC35 - Move gear selector to P or N range [transmission
range switch input check]
DTC37 - Drive vehicle above 25mph [vehicle speed sensor
- Start the engine
- Press and hold RESUME/ACCEL until the green
cruise set indicator illuminates. The cruise indicator will stay
illuminated for at least 3 seconds and extinguish for at least 2 seconds.
- The cruise set indicator should respond by flashing
stored DTCs, if any.
- To exit diagnostic mode, turn ignition to LOCK, press
the cruise control main switch to OFF, or drive over 10mph.
Diagnostic Trouble Codes:
DTC01 - Cruise actuator, brake switch
DTC05 - Brake switch
DTC07 - Brake switch
DTC11 - Cruise control switch
DTC12 - Cruise control switch
DTC15 - Cruise control switch
[Mazda Millenia cruise control diagnostic and
trouble codes - From 2002 Mazda Millenia factory